Skip to main content

Pen Pal Review

 



Book Source: Store
Cross-post Review: Chantie's Goodreads Review
Type: Standalone Novel
Starred Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐/5
Smut Rating: 🌶🌶🌶/5


Pen Pal by J.T. Geissinger Review


Okay, I have to admit J.T. is a genius for writing this book. That plot twist threw me for a loop. I thought I had the mystery solved. I was even smug about it, only to find out I was dead wrong. Lol. Get it? Dead wrong! Gosh, if you haven’t read the story, you won’t find the joke. Please do read it, so you can share in my not-so-funny humor.

Anyways, Kayla a distraught widow---to a certain extent---had house issues. Yeah, she lived in one of those fixer-uppers. The grand kind. With a leaking roof in the rainy season---because for some reason rain was always falling, she thought the best solution was to get help. That was where Aiden came into the mix. A sexy all-rounder. Things escalated from there. 

Oh, Aiden. Aden. Aiden. Though I’m not into men with facial hair, I would be the guy’s sex slave. Like a literal slave. Heck, he could tell me to call him master any time. Not only was this guy dominant but sweet. A real book boyfriend. I had to add him to my list because he earned his spot there. J.T. must have searched the heavens and earth to find a model that reflects the character because the book cover is everything imagined in the head. I loved it. 

Even so, I disliked Kayla. I thought she was a judgmental jerk but kept reading because I wanted to know if my assumptions were true. Guess what? They weren’t! And that’s why Pen Pal gets a five star from me. The twist was so marvelous that it bumped up two more stars for me. Because going through the book, I wasn’t all that impressed. Three stars remained in my head. Then the twist happened, and I got excited, and the rest is history. 

I am not a big fan of endearing pet names, so the minute I noticed one, it turned me off. Either way, it was original. I liked that. And more so because Aiden used it. The spice was great. I loved that Kayla wasn’t a helpless virgin and she had previous experiences but now realized she liked other things. Kinky things. I’m winking at this point. 

So, yes, this book is worth the read. Did it have romance? Aiden was a sweetheart. The mystery was on point. Gosh, that plot twist. You’d love it. It kind of has a horror vibe but not too much to be extremely spooky. Anyone could read this. Don't just take my word for it. Go ahead, get a copy, and find out what the fuss is about. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snuggle Season (Burrowing Hearts, #1) Review

  Book Source: Book Store Cross-Post Review:  Chantie's Goodreads Review Type of Book: Standalone Series  Starred Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐/5 Spice Rating: 🌶🌶/5 Snuggle Season (Burrowing Hearts, #1) Review 'You're mine.' Who doesn't love this quote when in an omegaverse?  To kick off Rainbow Month, I picked up this short read. And it was the best fit for me who just came out of a reading slump. The chapters were short and easy to read, too. Weston and Adam were fox shifters, going into their burrowing season. For those who have no idea what that means. It's like a mating period for foxes where they spend a certain amount of time together without distractions from the outside world. In the end, it should help them bond.  Anyways, knowing nothing about the other, these men dove into the burrowing, hoping their partner would accept them. I almost had to visit the dentist after this one. Adam was one of the most caring and sweetest alpha foxes in the world of shifters. He was ...

The First and the Last Review

  Book Source: Kindle Store Cross-Post Review:  Chantie's Goodreads Review Spice Radar: 🌶🌶🌶/5 Type: Series Genre: MM Romance  Starred Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐/5 I was in desperate need of a quick read. This book came to my rescue along with Str8te Guys by Evangeline Anderson. Loved that erotica by the way. Also a MM Romance. I was more than happy I stumbled on these two books. Read them in one night. Yeah, one night. Who needs sleep when we have a book, right? The First and the Last Review  The first and the Last was a MM Romance by Jessi H Reign. A friends-to-lovers omegaverse. The paranormal romance began with the growth of Sully and Jules from their high school years until they became shifters. The two saw each other as best friends until a Storm flew through their pack. Okay, not an actual storm but a woman called Storm. A mind-blowing threesome and the males realized they liked the experience of each naked a little too much.  I hoped that wasn't a spoiler. But, I th...

Pretty Little Thief Review

Book Source: Store Cross-post Review:  Chantie's Goodreads Review Type: On-going Series Starred Rating: ⭐⭐/5 Smut Rating: 🌶/5 Pretty Little Thief Review What the heck did I just read? This is the book of the month for my book club. A lot of those who read it raved that it was awesome. I thought ‘why not go for it?’ Boy, had I wished I didn’t. The protagonist, Princess Robyn---because all royals except the Mother Queen’s name starts with an R---was thrust into chaos---something we could see coming from a mile away---when her father died, and her brother took the crown.  While reading this story, I was stuck between being bored and annoyed. First and foremost, I blame the King and Queen for what the female protagonist faced. They failed as parents. How the hell would you have a parent whom you knew was a manipulative witch and entrusted her with your child? What kind of monster does something like that? If I know my mom is a bitch, I’m not going to want to leave my kid with her...