Skip to main content

The Rycke (Monstrous, #3) Review

 


Book Source: Store
Cross-Post Review: Chantie's Goodreads Review
Type: Standalone Series 
Starred Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐ /5
Spice Rating: 🌶/5


The Rycke (Monstrous, #3) by Lily Mayne Review


The third installment in the Monstrous series, The Rycke, was a refreshing break from the military men and monster combo. Ghost, a raider, from the same camp that Cat---yes, that mysterious man in the fight club (I don’t remember what that place is called) from book two---was sent out to scavenge for anything that might indicate where said Cat was. In the midst of the ruined military base’s rubble---the same Nebraska base from Wyn's days (Book one) ---Ghost’s best pal, Rig, stumbled on a wounded monster. I was not-so-surprised it was a Rycke. Yeah, it was the book's name, so I figured it was that monster.  

Anyways, the men helped the monster and brought him back to their camp to recover. The gentle, terrified monster with PTSD. Like Jesus, I never thought monsters could have PTSD, but anything was possible in this lovely series. He and Danny should start a support group. Moth, the Aytorin, and his two tree-eating friends would undoubtedly join. Not to mention, Cat. God knows why he didn't want to escape with the others and I'm beyond curious at this point. I'm sizzling to find out, but I'm having a little self-control ---for once--- and reading the books in order. Yeah, the support group crap was a sick joke, but I couldn’t stop myself from making it. God, I would join too. I feel like I need help.  

Put all fun and jokes aside, Aury was the best. A dangerous beast trapped in the mind of a sweetheart. Gosh, why can’t I have a monster who would want to read to me at night? I would love that. Why not me? The real world is so unfair. I loved the reverse situation with Ghost and Aury. A bit different from a monster tending to a human but in Ghost and Aury’s case, it was the human taking care of the monster and then vice versa. Loved the protectiveness the two had to go on. Loved it even more when it wasn’t one-sided.  

I totally dug Rig for sneaking that book out of the room. I would do the same, so he immediately went on my best book friend list. I can’t wait to get into his story. Therefore, I’m skipping over Wyn’s book and diving into ‘The Gloam’. I kind of wanted a dual point of view to get a whiff of what was going on in the monster’s heads throughout the story. Maybe it would have given me PTSD, but I would have loved it. Still, craving it. Maybe Lily will surprise me.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snuggle Season (Burrowing Hearts, #1) Review

  Book Source: Book Store Cross-Post Review:  Chantie's Goodreads Review Type of Book: Standalone Series  Starred Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐/5 Spice Rating: 🌶🌶/5 Snuggle Season (Burrowing Hearts, #1) Review 'You're mine.' Who doesn't love this quote when in an omegaverse?  To kick off Rainbow Month, I picked up this short read. And it was the best fit for me who just came out of a reading slump. The chapters were short and easy to read, too. Weston and Adam were fox shifters, going into their burrowing season. For those who have no idea what that means. It's like a mating period for foxes where they spend a certain amount of time together without distractions from the outside world. In the end, it should help them bond.  Anyways, knowing nothing about the other, these men dove into the burrowing, hoping their partner would accept them. I almost had to visit the dentist after this one. Adam was one of the most caring and sweetest alpha foxes in the world of shifters. He was ...

The First and the Last Review

  Book Source: Kindle Store Cross-Post Review:  Chantie's Goodreads Review Spice Radar: 🌶🌶🌶/5 Type: Series Genre: MM Romance  Starred Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐/5 I was in desperate need of a quick read. This book came to my rescue along with Str8te Guys by Evangeline Anderson. Loved that erotica by the way. Also a MM Romance. I was more than happy I stumbled on these two books. Read them in one night. Yeah, one night. Who needs sleep when we have a book, right? The First and the Last Review  The first and the Last was a MM Romance by Jessi H Reign. A friends-to-lovers omegaverse. The paranormal romance began with the growth of Sully and Jules from their high school years until they became shifters. The two saw each other as best friends until a Storm flew through their pack. Okay, not an actual storm but a woman called Storm. A mind-blowing threesome and the males realized they liked the experience of each naked a little too much.  I hoped that wasn't a spoiler. But, I th...

Pretty Little Thief Review

Book Source: Store Cross-post Review:  Chantie's Goodreads Review Type: On-going Series Starred Rating: ⭐⭐/5 Smut Rating: 🌶/5 Pretty Little Thief Review What the heck did I just read? This is the book of the month for my book club. A lot of those who read it raved that it was awesome. I thought ‘why not go for it?’ Boy, had I wished I didn’t. The protagonist, Princess Robyn---because all royals except the Mother Queen’s name starts with an R---was thrust into chaos---something we could see coming from a mile away---when her father died, and her brother took the crown.  While reading this story, I was stuck between being bored and annoyed. First and foremost, I blame the King and Queen for what the female protagonist faced. They failed as parents. How the hell would you have a parent whom you knew was a manipulative witch and entrusted her with your child? What kind of monster does something like that? If I know my mom is a bitch, I’m not going to want to leave my kid with her...