Skip to main content

Ugly (Winter Sun, #1) Review

 



Book Source: Store
Cross-Post Review: Chantie's Goodreads Review
Type: Standalone Series
Starred Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐/5
Smut Rating: 🌶🌶🌶🌶/5

Ugly (Winter Sun, #1) Review


I was in the mood for an omegaverse when I stumbled on Ugly. My God was I not disappointed in my spontaneous decision. Ugly was that MM Romance I never knew I had to read. Like Burke, you could take care of me any day. Any day. 

Emerson, a homeless omega, had found solitude in the bar of an older Alpha for the past three months. He never had a problem with the routine exchange of a few meals for a petty job here and there around the bar with the large alpha. Burke was caring and made him feel safe. 

Burke could care less about the chores he asked the omega to do. It was a simple trade. Plus, Emerson never caused problems and often left after. Until one winter night. Three days before his heat cycle started, Emerson ended up in Burke's bar begging him to be allowed to stay until his cycle was over. The kind-hearted Alpha took pity on the young omega and gave him a place to stay during the winter. 

I ain't gon' lie. I was hooked from the first chapter. Roe had Emerson's story not just tug at Burke's heartstrings but mine as well. Everything---meaning plot points and scenes---happened in the correct proportion and kept me invested until the very end. It didn't hurt that the story was short either. Not even the age gap trope held me back. It wasn't overly used but was subtle enough for me not to even care. The spice...Gosh, the spice. It was done just right. I'm in love with this author. Like for real. Guy had me fanning by chapter seven. The struggle is real. 

The romance between the two characters was adorable. Blended with the sex and I got me a quick fix. The little emotional moments were written to perfection. I couldn't help feeling everything the characters were expected to feel. This story was beautiful. I even ended up shipping Richard and Kirby. It just dawned on me that neither got the other. Like they ended up with different people. I would have been upset if I didn't know Hugh. Thus, I'll be going to book three next. Can't help myself. Hope it's as amazing as this one. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snuggle Season (Burrowing Hearts, #1) Review

  Book Source: Book Store Cross-Post Review:  Chantie's Goodreads Review Type of Book: Standalone Series  Starred Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐/5 Spice Rating: 🌶🌶/5 Snuggle Season (Burrowing Hearts, #1) Review 'You're mine.' Who doesn't love this quote when in an omegaverse?  To kick off Rainbow Month, I picked up this short read. And it was the best fit for me who just came out of a reading slump. The chapters were short and easy to read, too. Weston and Adam were fox shifters, going into their burrowing season. For those who have no idea what that means. It's like a mating period for foxes where they spend a certain amount of time together without distractions from the outside world. In the end, it should help them bond.  Anyways, knowing nothing about the other, these men dove into the burrowing, hoping their partner would accept them. I almost had to visit the dentist after this one. Adam was one of the most caring and sweetest alpha foxes in the world of shifters. He was ...

The First and the Last Review

  Book Source: Kindle Store Cross-Post Review:  Chantie's Goodreads Review Spice Radar: 🌶🌶🌶/5 Type: Series Genre: MM Romance  Starred Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐/5 I was in desperate need of a quick read. This book came to my rescue along with Str8te Guys by Evangeline Anderson. Loved that erotica by the way. Also a MM Romance. I was more than happy I stumbled on these two books. Read them in one night. Yeah, one night. Who needs sleep when we have a book, right? The First and the Last Review  The first and the Last was a MM Romance by Jessi H Reign. A friends-to-lovers omegaverse. The paranormal romance began with the growth of Sully and Jules from their high school years until they became shifters. The two saw each other as best friends until a Storm flew through their pack. Okay, not an actual storm but a woman called Storm. A mind-blowing threesome and the males realized they liked the experience of each naked a little too much.  I hoped that wasn't a spoiler. But, I th...

Pretty Little Thief Review

Book Source: Store Cross-post Review:  Chantie's Goodreads Review Type: On-going Series Starred Rating: ⭐⭐/5 Smut Rating: 🌶/5 Pretty Little Thief Review What the heck did I just read? This is the book of the month for my book club. A lot of those who read it raved that it was awesome. I thought ‘why not go for it?’ Boy, had I wished I didn’t. The protagonist, Princess Robyn---because all royals except the Mother Queen’s name starts with an R---was thrust into chaos---something we could see coming from a mile away---when her father died, and her brother took the crown.  While reading this story, I was stuck between being bored and annoyed. First and foremost, I blame the King and Queen for what the female protagonist faced. They failed as parents. How the hell would you have a parent whom you knew was a manipulative witch and entrusted her with your child? What kind of monster does something like that? If I know my mom is a bitch, I’m not going to want to leave my kid with her...