Skip to main content

Home Plate (Easton U Pirates, #2) Review

 


Book Source: Book Store
Cross-Post Review: Chantie's Goodreads Review
Type: MM Standalone Series 
Starred Ratings: ⭐⭐⭐⭐/5
Spice Rating: 🌶🌶/5

Home Plate (Easton U Pirates, #2) Review

The electricity went out in my area and while bored I read book one, Bat Boy in this Easton U Pirates series, in one sitting. I'm a sucker for character arcs, so when I noticed Mason and Domonic in Bat Boy, I immediately shipped them. It thrilled me to know my intuitions were good and the duo was going to be a couple. So, I continued the trend and stayed up until the blink of dawn to read book two. Not a healthy idea since I had stuff to do in the day, but I wouldn't be a bookaholic if I never did an all-nighter for the sake of reading. 

Back to the review. 

Mason was the grumpy asshole while Domonic was the caring type. He wasn't overly adorable which fit his character and how the whole plot tied to Mason. I adored the banter between the two. Dominic knew how to handle Mason. He gave as much as he got which got me excited on various occasions. Mason reminded me of the kind of bully who tormented their crush instead of confessing. He had his defense walls so thick and tall around him that it took me, his friends, and Dominic various cussing sessions and an entire book for his walls to crack. I was thrilled with his emotional baggage and how he was able to grow and recover. 

It's annoying how we allow our family to emotionally damage us. No matter how used we are to their shit, we still keep going back for more. This was Mason. He allowed people who didn't deserve the time of the day to wreck his world. Then he put up more ammo in his defensive wall, preventing the people who wanted to love him from doing so. A lot of people can relate to his character. Some not to his extreme but the craving was there either way. 

I enjoyed this one better than the first book in the series which kind of pissed me off when the author added similar plot points found in the first book. Mason and Dominice deserved more. They could have shared their first important moments in different places from those same places the couple in book one did. I would have enjoyed it more then. 

Even so, I still gave this a four star because I liked the couple from the get-go. They fit perfectly. 


Book One is as follows: 


I didn't enjoy this as much. It seemed like a slow burn and I'm not a big fan of those. Still, I rated three out of five stars on Goodreads. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snuggle Season (Burrowing Hearts, #1) Review

  Book Source: Book Store Cross-Post Review:  Chantie's Goodreads Review Type of Book: Standalone Series  Starred Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐/5 Spice Rating: 🌶🌶/5 Snuggle Season (Burrowing Hearts, #1) Review 'You're mine.' Who doesn't love this quote when in an omegaverse?  To kick off Rainbow Month, I picked up this short read. And it was the best fit for me who just came out of a reading slump. The chapters were short and easy to read, too. Weston and Adam were fox shifters, going into their burrowing season. For those who have no idea what that means. It's like a mating period for foxes where they spend a certain amount of time together without distractions from the outside world. In the end, it should help them bond.  Anyways, knowing nothing about the other, these men dove into the burrowing, hoping their partner would accept them. I almost had to visit the dentist after this one. Adam was one of the most caring and sweetest alpha foxes in the world of shifters. He was ...

The First and the Last Review

  Book Source: Kindle Store Cross-Post Review:  Chantie's Goodreads Review Spice Radar: 🌶🌶🌶/5 Type: Series Genre: MM Romance  Starred Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐/5 I was in desperate need of a quick read. This book came to my rescue along with Str8te Guys by Evangeline Anderson. Loved that erotica by the way. Also a MM Romance. I was more than happy I stumbled on these two books. Read them in one night. Yeah, one night. Who needs sleep when we have a book, right? The First and the Last Review  The first and the Last was a MM Romance by Jessi H Reign. A friends-to-lovers omegaverse. The paranormal romance began with the growth of Sully and Jules from their high school years until they became shifters. The two saw each other as best friends until a Storm flew through their pack. Okay, not an actual storm but a woman called Storm. A mind-blowing threesome and the males realized they liked the experience of each naked a little too much.  I hoped that wasn't a spoiler. But, I th...

Pretty Little Thief Review

Book Source: Store Cross-post Review:  Chantie's Goodreads Review Type: On-going Series Starred Rating: ⭐⭐/5 Smut Rating: 🌶/5 Pretty Little Thief Review What the heck did I just read? This is the book of the month for my book club. A lot of those who read it raved that it was awesome. I thought ‘why not go for it?’ Boy, had I wished I didn’t. The protagonist, Princess Robyn---because all royals except the Mother Queen’s name starts with an R---was thrust into chaos---something we could see coming from a mile away---when her father died, and her brother took the crown.  While reading this story, I was stuck between being bored and annoyed. First and foremost, I blame the King and Queen for what the female protagonist faced. They failed as parents. How the hell would you have a parent whom you knew was a manipulative witch and entrusted her with your child? What kind of monster does something like that? If I know my mom is a bitch, I’m not going to want to leave my kid with her...