Skip to main content

Freya's Legacy Book 1: Forgotten Memories Review

 



Book Source: Book Siren

When I came upon Forgotten Memories by Cecilia Agetun, I was cruising through facebook. I noticed a post the author Cecilia made, requesting for advanced readers (ARC Readers). For those who have no idea what an ARC reader is it's a person who reads a free copy of a published or to-be published book and give their review on said book. Okay, fast forward to me making the decision to read Forgotten Memories. 

I am not a big fan of series. Why? Well, because of all the waiting and stressing over when the next book in the series will be released. That's why. However, I had some free time and had nothing to read. So, I reached out to Cecilia which she sent me to a website called Book Siren. The link is about at Book source for all who would like to be a part of the Book Siren community. Authors are welcome to join as well. It's a good platform to get your book noticed. They are amazing. 

Okay, without further hesitation, let's jump into the book review. 

Review of Forgotten Memories

Forgotten Memories is a young adult fantasy novel written by Cecilia Agetun. This is the first book in the Freya Legacy series. The protagonist Jax showed the world in the novel from his point of view. From the first page, I was drawn into this fantasy world. I knew from the first chapter what to expect in the rest of the book. It was clear who Jax was or should I say what he was from the get-go. It was refreshing to learn where this book would take me from the first paragraph. 

The opening incident started when Jax accepted a favor to protect his friend’s daughter. He had to readapt to the human world and being around humans. I witnessed the struggles he faced while keeping the promise he made to his best friend. The battle between his emotions and his duties as a friend often collided.

Cecilia Agetun did an exceptional job in balancing the character’s emotions and how their environment affected them. Every incident and emotion were clear and easy to understand. She managed to weave hints of what was to come in the early chapters. This brought a little mystery that kept me reading, regardless of the fact the book was part of a series. 

The most important thing of all was the novel pushed me to look at my surroundings. Fate is a powerful thing. It has a way of taking us to the place we need to go and meeting people we never thought we needed. This book brought this out well. Hats down the Cecilia. I enjoyed the journey. 

Side note: The romance can get a little cliche. However, it was readable. I had a few concerns about the quotation marks she used to mark her dialogue tags. Otherwise, I gave Forgotten Memories a four out of five stars rating on Goodreads. The link to my review is also above. You can take a look at it and leave your opinion. I love recommend books I enjoy. Forgotten Memories is not an exception. I recommend this book to all those willing to believe in fate. It’s all around us. Friends turn into enemies. Strangers into the people we keep dear to us. Families often developed from the most unexpected circumstances. 

I can’t wait for book 2. Hope you can't either. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snuggle Season (Burrowing Hearts, #1) Review

  Book Source: Book Store Cross-Post Review:  Chantie's Goodreads Review Type of Book: Standalone Series  Starred Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐/5 Spice Rating: 🌶🌶/5 Snuggle Season (Burrowing Hearts, #1) Review 'You're mine.' Who doesn't love this quote when in an omegaverse?  To kick off Rainbow Month, I picked up this short read. And it was the best fit for me who just came out of a reading slump. The chapters were short and easy to read, too. Weston and Adam were fox shifters, going into their burrowing season. For those who have no idea what that means. It's like a mating period for foxes where they spend a certain amount of time together without distractions from the outside world. In the end, it should help them bond.  Anyways, knowing nothing about the other, these men dove into the burrowing, hoping their partner would accept them. I almost had to visit the dentist after this one. Adam was one of the most caring and sweetest alpha foxes in the world of shifters. He was ...

The First and the Last Review

  Book Source: Kindle Store Cross-Post Review:  Chantie's Goodreads Review Spice Radar: 🌶🌶🌶/5 Type: Series Genre: MM Romance  Starred Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐/5 I was in desperate need of a quick read. This book came to my rescue along with Str8te Guys by Evangeline Anderson. Loved that erotica by the way. Also a MM Romance. I was more than happy I stumbled on these two books. Read them in one night. Yeah, one night. Who needs sleep when we have a book, right? The First and the Last Review  The first and the Last was a MM Romance by Jessi H Reign. A friends-to-lovers omegaverse. The paranormal romance began with the growth of Sully and Jules from their high school years until they became shifters. The two saw each other as best friends until a Storm flew through their pack. Okay, not an actual storm but a woman called Storm. A mind-blowing threesome and the males realized they liked the experience of each naked a little too much.  I hoped that wasn't a spoiler. But, I th...

Pretty Little Thief Review

Book Source: Store Cross-post Review:  Chantie's Goodreads Review Type: On-going Series Starred Rating: ⭐⭐/5 Smut Rating: 🌶/5 Pretty Little Thief Review What the heck did I just read? This is the book of the month for my book club. A lot of those who read it raved that it was awesome. I thought ‘why not go for it?’ Boy, had I wished I didn’t. The protagonist, Princess Robyn---because all royals except the Mother Queen’s name starts with an R---was thrust into chaos---something we could see coming from a mile away---when her father died, and her brother took the crown.  While reading this story, I was stuck between being bored and annoyed. First and foremost, I blame the King and Queen for what the female protagonist faced. They failed as parents. How the hell would you have a parent whom you knew was a manipulative witch and entrusted her with your child? What kind of monster does something like that? If I know my mom is a bitch, I’m not going to want to leave my kid with her...