Skip to main content

In the Now Review



Book Source: BookSiren
Cross-post Review: Chantie's Goodread Review
Spice Radar: 3 out of 10 (1 means little to no smut; 10 means extreme smut)
A part of a Series: No
Genre: Contemporary Romance Novel
Starred Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Thanks to BookSiren for another wonderful read. In the Now by Jennifer Ann Shore was an amazing story. It did have a few triggers that include profanity, sex, death caused by cancer, and a few mentions of bully. With that said, let's jump into the review. 


In the Now Review

Olivia Ott is the protagonist of the novel In the Now by Jennifer Ann Shore. Olivia is a singer slash songwriter who left her hometown a decade ago to pursue her career. Ten years later and she is back. She returns home to grant her mentor a favor. Returning to her hometown doesn’t sit well with Olivia, but what can she do? It’s her mentor. As if she isn't under enough stress, the unexpected happens. Not only does her life turn upside down, but she meets her bully. Noah Washington. The same person she ran from all those years ago. Yes, the same guy that made her life hell in high school. 

I am going to be honest, judging by the cover, I was a bit skeptical about the book. The enemies to lovers tag convinced me to give the novel a try. I am glad I did. Jennifer did not disappoint. The story evokes various emotions. This minute it had me laughing and the next it brought me to tears. Olivia was the perfectly imperfect protagonist that reeled me in. Noah, the hot doctor I will never forget. My new book boyfriend.

I could not put this book down even at two in the morning. Thank you, Jennifer, for this masterpiece. An enemies to lovers romance that sends the right messages. I felt every push and pull interaction between Noah and Olivia. I rated In the Now five stars out of five stars. It was that good. I recommend this masterpiece to readers who enjoy the reformation of characters. Nothing is set in stone. People can change. This book is for those who had a not so great past and can move past it. Running from your problems doesn’t make things better. In most cases, the buried hatchet will creep up on us and tear our lives apart. It’s better to deal with the problem as they come along. It’s hard but nothing good is easy. 

 





 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snuggle Season (Burrowing Hearts, #1) Review

  Book Source: Book Store Cross-Post Review:  Chantie's Goodreads Review Type of Book: Standalone Series  Starred Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐/5 Spice Rating: 🌶🌶/5 Snuggle Season (Burrowing Hearts, #1) Review 'You're mine.' Who doesn't love this quote when in an omegaverse?  To kick off Rainbow Month, I picked up this short read. And it was the best fit for me who just came out of a reading slump. The chapters were short and easy to read, too. Weston and Adam were fox shifters, going into their burrowing season. For those who have no idea what that means. It's like a mating period for foxes where they spend a certain amount of time together without distractions from the outside world. In the end, it should help them bond.  Anyways, knowing nothing about the other, these men dove into the burrowing, hoping their partner would accept them. I almost had to visit the dentist after this one. Adam was one of the most caring and sweetest alpha foxes in the world of shifters. He was ...

The First and the Last Review

  Book Source: Kindle Store Cross-Post Review:  Chantie's Goodreads Review Spice Radar: 🌶🌶🌶/5 Type: Series Genre: MM Romance  Starred Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐/5 I was in desperate need of a quick read. This book came to my rescue along with Str8te Guys by Evangeline Anderson. Loved that erotica by the way. Also a MM Romance. I was more than happy I stumbled on these two books. Read them in one night. Yeah, one night. Who needs sleep when we have a book, right? The First and the Last Review  The first and the Last was a MM Romance by Jessi H Reign. A friends-to-lovers omegaverse. The paranormal romance began with the growth of Sully and Jules from their high school years until they became shifters. The two saw each other as best friends until a Storm flew through their pack. Okay, not an actual storm but a woman called Storm. A mind-blowing threesome and the males realized they liked the experience of each naked a little too much.  I hoped that wasn't a spoiler. But, I th...

Pretty Little Thief Review

Book Source: Store Cross-post Review:  Chantie's Goodreads Review Type: On-going Series Starred Rating: ⭐⭐/5 Smut Rating: 🌶/5 Pretty Little Thief Review What the heck did I just read? This is the book of the month for my book club. A lot of those who read it raved that it was awesome. I thought ‘why not go for it?’ Boy, had I wished I didn’t. The protagonist, Princess Robyn---because all royals except the Mother Queen’s name starts with an R---was thrust into chaos---something we could see coming from a mile away---when her father died, and her brother took the crown.  While reading this story, I was stuck between being bored and annoyed. First and foremost, I blame the King and Queen for what the female protagonist faced. They failed as parents. How the hell would you have a parent whom you knew was a manipulative witch and entrusted her with your child? What kind of monster does something like that? If I know my mom is a bitch, I’m not going to want to leave my kid with her...