Skip to main content

Wanted Review

 



Book Source: BookSiren
Cross-Post Review: Chantie's Goodread Review
Spice Radar: 6 out of 10 (1 means little to no smut; 10 means extreme smut)
A part of a Series: No 
Genre: Dark Romance Novella
Starred Rating:⭐⭐⭐⭐


Wanted is a Dark Romance Novella suited for readers over the age of 18. Some of the triggers includes home invasion, murder, explicit sexual content, profanity, substance abuse, violence, and non-consensual sex (or thinking of it). If this piqued your interest, then let's get into the review. 

Wanted Review

Wanted is a dark romance novella written by Lauren Biel. The protagonist, Cole, is a divorced junkie. A robbery gone wrong, and he became a wanted man. Divorced. A murderer. And a drug addict. The perfect protagonist. What more could a reader want? To escape the crime scene, Cole found refuge at Vanessa’s home. A nurse and a murderer. A mix no one thought was possible. Not even myself. Regardless of the circumstances, these two people overcame their heartbreaks and began a new and unorthodox chapter. 
Cole’s heart wrenching story squeezed at my Amygdala from the first chapter. He was this unstable character that pushed me to want to get to know why he was the way he was. What caused him to become such a man? I loved how Lauren evoked such curiosity. It was refreshing. The spice made it all the better. We want what we want. Good or Bad. Certain incident in our lives forces us to wake up and face the obvious. Cole's character portrayed such.  My appreciation towards Cole grew as the novella progressed. 
This was why it also struck me that it took me four chapters to learn the protagonist’s name. Cole was like a friend I couldn’t get close to because I didn’t know what to call him. And as the reader, of course, I wanted to be this suffering man’s ride or die. Learning his name earlier would have made our connection stronger from the get-go.
Nevertheless, I enjoyed the interaction between Cole and Vanessa. The hate and like atmosphere sent me over the edge. I could not get enough of it. I would rate Wanted four out of five stars. This is a great dark novella to recommend to all those readers who are lost. To all those people who have hit rock bottom. To all those readers who recovered from their dark moment. Not because our lives look like hell means we can’t find a light in the tunnel. After the dark moment there is always a chance to get up. We just have to choose to see the light and stand up again. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snuggle Season (Burrowing Hearts, #1) Review

  Book Source: Book Store Cross-Post Review:  Chantie's Goodreads Review Type of Book: Standalone Series  Starred Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐/5 Spice Rating: 🌶🌶/5 Snuggle Season (Burrowing Hearts, #1) Review 'You're mine.' Who doesn't love this quote when in an omegaverse?  To kick off Rainbow Month, I picked up this short read. And it was the best fit for me who just came out of a reading slump. The chapters were short and easy to read, too. Weston and Adam were fox shifters, going into their burrowing season. For those who have no idea what that means. It's like a mating period for foxes where they spend a certain amount of time together without distractions from the outside world. In the end, it should help them bond.  Anyways, knowing nothing about the other, these men dove into the burrowing, hoping their partner would accept them. I almost had to visit the dentist after this one. Adam was one of the most caring and sweetest alpha foxes in the world of shifters. He was ...

The First and the Last Review

  Book Source: Kindle Store Cross-Post Review:  Chantie's Goodreads Review Spice Radar: 🌶🌶🌶/5 Type: Series Genre: MM Romance  Starred Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐/5 I was in desperate need of a quick read. This book came to my rescue along with Str8te Guys by Evangeline Anderson. Loved that erotica by the way. Also a MM Romance. I was more than happy I stumbled on these two books. Read them in one night. Yeah, one night. Who needs sleep when we have a book, right? The First and the Last Review  The first and the Last was a MM Romance by Jessi H Reign. A friends-to-lovers omegaverse. The paranormal romance began with the growth of Sully and Jules from their high school years until they became shifters. The two saw each other as best friends until a Storm flew through their pack. Okay, not an actual storm but a woman called Storm. A mind-blowing threesome and the males realized they liked the experience of each naked a little too much.  I hoped that wasn't a spoiler. But, I th...

Pretty Little Thief Review

Book Source: Store Cross-post Review:  Chantie's Goodreads Review Type: On-going Series Starred Rating: ⭐⭐/5 Smut Rating: 🌶/5 Pretty Little Thief Review What the heck did I just read? This is the book of the month for my book club. A lot of those who read it raved that it was awesome. I thought ‘why not go for it?’ Boy, had I wished I didn’t. The protagonist, Princess Robyn---because all royals except the Mother Queen’s name starts with an R---was thrust into chaos---something we could see coming from a mile away---when her father died, and her brother took the crown.  While reading this story, I was stuck between being bored and annoyed. First and foremost, I blame the King and Queen for what the female protagonist faced. They failed as parents. How the hell would you have a parent whom you knew was a manipulative witch and entrusted her with your child? What kind of monster does something like that? If I know my mom is a bitch, I’m not going to want to leave my kid with her...