Skip to main content

Sem (Unexpected, #2) Review




Book Source: Kindle Store 
Cross-post Review: Chantie's Goodread Review
Spice Radar: 🌶🌶🌶🌶🌶
Part of a Series: Yes
Genre: MM Romance 
Starred Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

 

I enjoyed Whit so much that I decided to check out Sem. I did get a glimpse into the crazy plot from Whit, so I was more than exited to read Sem. It was just as good as Whit. Heck, it was even crazier. I loved it. It involves profanity, sex scenes, emotional abuse from family, some mentions of bullying, and homophobes. If that doesn't scare you away, then get your TBR and let us start the review. 


Sem (Unexpected, #2) Review 


Sem is the second book in the Unexpected series by Cora Rose. We got a sneak peak of Magnus and Sem's first meet in the first book, Whit. Sem decided to drive Magnus home from the hospital. Sem, a hulk of a man, noticed and got fascinated by little Magnus's fashion sense. So much so that he followed him around. Or that was the vibe I got from in Whit. In Sem, it gave more details of why Sem stooped to such measures. The bottom-line excuse was Magnus intrigued Sem. This fascination led to something more intense. The interaction between the two developed from banters to steamy bets. Once bet led to another until love swept them off their feet. 

Sem and Magnus's relationship grew and blossomed, sending me over the edge. Like the first book, Cora never disappointed in showing us each emotional struggle. The character development came at the right stages to keep me invested until the end. Sometimes we think we want something but it's not what we need. 
Like Whit and Caleb, Magnus and Sem was adorable. I was very much satisfied with this match up. For once the uke and sem were just as I imagined it. I even loved how this MM story could be read standalone. Magnus and Sem were to die for. I gobbled up the short story in a few hours. I rated Sem five stars out of five stars as well. 
I recommend Sem by Cora Rose to all those insecure readers getting by. It's hard to fight for what you don't think you're worthy of, but hey, that's okay. We just have to pay attention to the people around us and accept ourselves for who we are. No matter what our flaws are, there is always something or someone out there for us.
Happy reading and let's get to Emery (Unexpected, #3).  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snuggle Season (Burrowing Hearts, #1) Review

  Book Source: Book Store Cross-Post Review:  Chantie's Goodreads Review Type of Book: Standalone Series  Starred Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐/5 Spice Rating: 🌶🌶/5 Snuggle Season (Burrowing Hearts, #1) Review 'You're mine.' Who doesn't love this quote when in an omegaverse?  To kick off Rainbow Month, I picked up this short read. And it was the best fit for me who just came out of a reading slump. The chapters were short and easy to read, too. Weston and Adam were fox shifters, going into their burrowing season. For those who have no idea what that means. It's like a mating period for foxes where they spend a certain amount of time together without distractions from the outside world. In the end, it should help them bond.  Anyways, knowing nothing about the other, these men dove into the burrowing, hoping their partner would accept them. I almost had to visit the dentist after this one. Adam was one of the most caring and sweetest alpha foxes in the world of shifters. He was ...

The First and the Last Review

  Book Source: Kindle Store Cross-Post Review:  Chantie's Goodreads Review Spice Radar: 🌶🌶🌶/5 Type: Series Genre: MM Romance  Starred Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐/5 I was in desperate need of a quick read. This book came to my rescue along with Str8te Guys by Evangeline Anderson. Loved that erotica by the way. Also a MM Romance. I was more than happy I stumbled on these two books. Read them in one night. Yeah, one night. Who needs sleep when we have a book, right? The First and the Last Review  The first and the Last was a MM Romance by Jessi H Reign. A friends-to-lovers omegaverse. The paranormal romance began with the growth of Sully and Jules from their high school years until they became shifters. The two saw each other as best friends until a Storm flew through their pack. Okay, not an actual storm but a woman called Storm. A mind-blowing threesome and the males realized they liked the experience of each naked a little too much.  I hoped that wasn't a spoiler. But, I th...

Pretty Little Thief Review

Book Source: Store Cross-post Review:  Chantie's Goodreads Review Type: On-going Series Starred Rating: ⭐⭐/5 Smut Rating: 🌶/5 Pretty Little Thief Review What the heck did I just read? This is the book of the month for my book club. A lot of those who read it raved that it was awesome. I thought ‘why not go for it?’ Boy, had I wished I didn’t. The protagonist, Princess Robyn---because all royals except the Mother Queen’s name starts with an R---was thrust into chaos---something we could see coming from a mile away---when her father died, and her brother took the crown.  While reading this story, I was stuck between being bored and annoyed. First and foremost, I blame the King and Queen for what the female protagonist faced. They failed as parents. How the hell would you have a parent whom you knew was a manipulative witch and entrusted her with your child? What kind of monster does something like that? If I know my mom is a bitch, I’m not going to want to leave my kid with her...