Skip to main content

The Dark One (Vicious Lost Boys, #2) Review



Book Source: Kindle Store
Cross-Post Review: Chantie's Goodreads Review
Spice Radar: ๐ŸŒถ๐ŸŒถ๐ŸŒถ๐ŸŒถ๐ŸŒถ๐ŸŒถ๐ŸŒถ
Type of Novel: Series 
Genre: Dark Romance
Starred Rating: ⭐⭐⭐


Book two of the Vicious Lost Boys series and I am here for it. The cliffhanger in book one got me intrigued. I jumped into book two to see what happened. Triggers includes Sex scenes, profanity, violence. I advise reading Nikki's content warning before jumping into this one. 

The Dark One (Vicious Lost Boys, #2)


After The Never King came The Dark One in the Vicious Lost Boys series. Nikki St. Crowe once again gave us what we needed in this Peter Pan retelling. I figured the title referred to Vane, the character. However, it was still centered around The Lost Boys of Neverland. A continuation of the last scene in the first book, The Never King. 
I liked the way Nikki wrote the novel. It made it seem as if I was watching a bad ass show on tv. Sex included. The story got more in debt of the lives of the people on Neverland. We got to know more secrets that showed us why everything mattered and why things were the way they were in book one. I liked the finer details, explaining the past and the present. It made everything easier to digest. 
To be honest, I was never a Peter Pan fan. And reading this book made me realize more how much I didn't favor him. I did not like Winnie one bit either. Which was awful. How could I not like the two main characters? Prosperous. I did like Kas and Bash which made finishing the series okay. It was my invested like for them that caused me to hate the ending of The Dark One. I was screaming ‘No’ at the end. Like why her? It should have been one of the twins. 
Regarding, I got book three because I am not a quitter. Sometimes. Even though, if it weren't for my books club, I would have DNR this series from book one. There were a few instances that had me puzzled like when characters knew details that they shouldn't have. I had to go back a few times and reread that passage to make sure I didn't miss anyone telling them about it. Which was odd. Anyways, I enjoyed book two. Much better than book one and that made me happy that I moved on instead of calling it quits. I rated The Dark One three stars out of five stars. 
I recommend The Dark One to readers who desire something different. Most times we are our worst critic, and we tend to be reserved, thinking everyone will see us the same. We want what we want. Sometimes it's better to let go and let people in. Go for what we want. They might just think we are the best thing in the world. 
See you in book three, Their Vicious Darling.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snuggle Season (Burrowing Hearts, #1) Review

  Book Source: Book Store Cross-Post Review:  Chantie's Goodreads Review Type of Book: Standalone Series  Starred Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐/5 Spice Rating: ๐ŸŒถ๐ŸŒถ/5 Snuggle Season (Burrowing Hearts, #1) Review 'You're mine.' Who doesn't love this quote when in an omegaverse?  To kick off Rainbow Month, I picked up this short read. And it was the best fit for me who just came out of a reading slump. The chapters were short and easy to read, too. Weston and Adam were fox shifters, going into their burrowing season. For those who have no idea what that means. It's like a mating period for foxes where they spend a certain amount of time together without distractions from the outside world. In the end, it should help them bond.  Anyways, knowing nothing about the other, these men dove into the burrowing, hoping their partner would accept them. I almost had to visit the dentist after this one. Adam was one of the most caring and sweetest alpha foxes in the world of shifters. He was ...

The First and the Last Review

  Book Source: Kindle Store Cross-Post Review:  Chantie's Goodreads Review Spice Radar: ๐ŸŒถ๐ŸŒถ๐ŸŒถ/5 Type: Series Genre: MM Romance  Starred Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐/5 I was in desperate need of a quick read. This book came to my rescue along with Str8te Guys by Evangeline Anderson. Loved that erotica by the way. Also a MM Romance. I was more than happy I stumbled on these two books. Read them in one night. Yeah, one night. Who needs sleep when we have a book, right? The First and the Last Review  The first and the Last was a MM Romance by Jessi H Reign. A friends-to-lovers omegaverse. The paranormal romance began with the growth of Sully and Jules from their high school years until they became shifters. The two saw each other as best friends until a Storm flew through their pack. Okay, not an actual storm but a woman called Storm. A mind-blowing threesome and the males realized they liked the experience of each naked a little too much.  I hoped that wasn't a spoiler. But, I th...

Pretty Little Thief Review

Book Source: Store Cross-post Review:  Chantie's Goodreads Review Type: On-going Series Starred Rating: ⭐⭐/5 Smut Rating: ๐ŸŒถ/5 Pretty Little Thief Review What the heck did I just read? This is the book of the month for my book club. A lot of those who read it raved that it was awesome. I thought ‘why not go for it?’ Boy, had I wished I didn’t. The protagonist, Princess Robyn---because all royals except the Mother Queen’s name starts with an R---was thrust into chaos---something we could see coming from a mile away---when her father died, and her brother took the crown.  While reading this story, I was stuck between being bored and annoyed. First and foremost, I blame the King and Queen for what the female protagonist faced. They failed as parents. How the hell would you have a parent whom you knew was a manipulative witch and entrusted her with your child? What kind of monster does something like that? If I know my mom is a bitch, I’m not going to want to leave my kid with her...