Skip to main content

Edin (Monstrous, #2) Review

 



Book Source: Store
Cross-Post Review: Chantie's Goodreads Review
Type: Standalone Series
Starred Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐/5
Smut Rating: 🌶/5

Edin (Monstrous, #2) by Lily Mayne Review


I was in love with Edin from book one. Who wouldn’t? He was the monster that made the best of men doubt their bodies. The same one with amazing abs and a rocking body that attracted eyes. Yes, the monster with child-like personality. A hyper-active one. The perfect sweetheart. When I noticed he had a book for himself, I was thrilled. I dove into it without a second thought. 

Hunter, another military guy, was the complete opposite of Edin. A hot head to Edin's calm and happy-go-lucky attitude. A seasoned veteran stationed out in the wastelands. On Hunter's way to report to his base, he and his best friend slash partner were ambushed by Kolebs. Hunter’s friend, Charlie, was taken by the monsters during the encounter. Edin happened to be passing by and helped Hunter from maybe dying. The duo then had to work together to rescue the soldier’s friends from a horrid faith. 

Like the first book, in Edin the characters roamed across the wasteland on their quest. In this one, I had a clear view of the seme. And boy, was I pleased to know it was who I expected it to be. I swear Lilly wrote her books with me in mind. I could kiss her. Lol---a hidden joke----read the book to find out where it came from. Yeah, please do. Don’t leave me hanging. 

It’s sad to say I never enjoyed this book as much as I did the first one, but I loved the interaction between the big purple monster and the soldier. Edin was a sweetheart all through the novel, and I couldn’t help but love him even more. The author mentioned there would be a book for Charlie and I’m a bit excited about it as well. Oh, Cat, I hope his book is as awesome as he seemed. I couldn’t help but think about him although the story. A bit of a spoiler here but I was a bit pissed Hunter never allowed Edin to save the Aytorin. The poor thing needed rescuing. I couldn’t stand what Hunter said. You want Edin to help you but then turn around and tell the monster he can’t save everyone. Wow, like why do you need help then, sir? Why? Such an asshole thing to say since he was using him for his benefit. Gosh, that pissed me the shit off. Still, I hoped the creature---Aytorin--- got a book for himself. I would love to see it. 

All in all, Edin was a good read. I read it in one sitting. The HEA was beautiful as expected from a story Lily wrote. (I'm starting to like this author. She writes some good shit.) Can't wait to read book three. 

A picture found of the duo in Edin. The drawing of Edin reminded me of the monster. I loved it, so thought it would be good to share it with yall. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snuggle Season (Burrowing Hearts, #1) Review

  Book Source: Book Store Cross-Post Review:  Chantie's Goodreads Review Type of Book: Standalone Series  Starred Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐/5 Spice Rating: 🌶🌶/5 Snuggle Season (Burrowing Hearts, #1) Review 'You're mine.' Who doesn't love this quote when in an omegaverse?  To kick off Rainbow Month, I picked up this short read. And it was the best fit for me who just came out of a reading slump. The chapters were short and easy to read, too. Weston and Adam were fox shifters, going into their burrowing season. For those who have no idea what that means. It's like a mating period for foxes where they spend a certain amount of time together without distractions from the outside world. In the end, it should help them bond.  Anyways, knowing nothing about the other, these men dove into the burrowing, hoping their partner would accept them. I almost had to visit the dentist after this one. Adam was one of the most caring and sweetest alpha foxes in the world of shifters. He was ...

The First and the Last Review

  Book Source: Kindle Store Cross-Post Review:  Chantie's Goodreads Review Spice Radar: 🌶🌶🌶/5 Type: Series Genre: MM Romance  Starred Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐/5 I was in desperate need of a quick read. This book came to my rescue along with Str8te Guys by Evangeline Anderson. Loved that erotica by the way. Also a MM Romance. I was more than happy I stumbled on these two books. Read them in one night. Yeah, one night. Who needs sleep when we have a book, right? The First and the Last Review  The first and the Last was a MM Romance by Jessi H Reign. A friends-to-lovers omegaverse. The paranormal romance began with the growth of Sully and Jules from their high school years until they became shifters. The two saw each other as best friends until a Storm flew through their pack. Okay, not an actual storm but a woman called Storm. A mind-blowing threesome and the males realized they liked the experience of each naked a little too much.  I hoped that wasn't a spoiler. But, I th...

Pretty Little Thief Review

Book Source: Store Cross-post Review:  Chantie's Goodreads Review Type: On-going Series Starred Rating: ⭐⭐/5 Smut Rating: 🌶/5 Pretty Little Thief Review What the heck did I just read? This is the book of the month for my book club. A lot of those who read it raved that it was awesome. I thought ‘why not go for it?’ Boy, had I wished I didn’t. The protagonist, Princess Robyn---because all royals except the Mother Queen’s name starts with an R---was thrust into chaos---something we could see coming from a mile away---when her father died, and her brother took the crown.  While reading this story, I was stuck between being bored and annoyed. First and foremost, I blame the King and Queen for what the female protagonist faced. They failed as parents. How the hell would you have a parent whom you knew was a manipulative witch and entrusted her with your child? What kind of monster does something like that? If I know my mom is a bitch, I’m not going to want to leave my kid with her...