Skip to main content

Shifted Dimension (Looking Glass Multiverse, #3)



Book Source: BookSiren
Cross-post Review:  Chantie's Goodreads Review
Type of Story: Standalone Series
Smut Radar: 🌶️🌶️/5
Starred Rating: ⭐⭐⭐/5

Shifted Dimension by Delta James was the third book in the Looking Glass Multiverse Series. This story was centered around Gage, a game programmer, and Chance, an alpha. When Gage programmed her game 'Shifted Dimension' she had no idea what was in store for her. One minute she went to the restroom and heard voices, the next she woke to a sexy ass male in her bedroom. The protagonist of the game she programmed. Yes, people, an arrogant alpha. One mishap of identity led to a steamy altercation. Before she knew it, she was whisked off to another dimension. The same one she created. 

The plotline was interesting. I kept wanting to find out who was behind everything. The ending was not what I hoped for, but good, nonetheless. 

I was not a big fan of Chance since around the third or fourth chapter. Even so, I pushed through, hoping to favor him later on. 'Let's face it, alpha males are toxic men who would say, 'screw the world and protect my mate'. They dominate but also show love in a way that's on another level from normal.' I was here for that toxic, yet addictive love alphas often gave. I didn't get that much from Chance as the story progressed. I got more dominance than love which annoyed me on more occasions than I had hoped for. 

Then Gage fell in love and my mind went blank. I stared at the pages in confusion. Like how? When was there any love to make me, the reader, smile and think they were cute in a 'that's not normal' way? I didn't get that. At all. All the cute moments were told instead of being shown. The couple spent time together, but I had to hear about it in brief annotations. Which made it difficult for me to get attached to the characters and be happy for them. I wished I got more romance from the novel.

In a previous chapter, when Lola was taken by Hogan for punishment, Gage and Chance had an entire conversation about what Lola's punishment would be. It even got to the point where Gage was preaching against Lola's injustice. And then, in chapter 11, Gage had no recollection of such a conversation and seemed a bit shocked by Chance's response. This confused me again and made me a bit irritated. Maybe if Gage had asked the question in a different way to keep readers reminded of the injustice, it would have been fine. A recap conversation could have blossomed from 'How is Lola?' and things could have gone from there. 

I had hoped to not add spoilers to my review. However, there were some things I couldn't help but talk about to get my point across. Those which influenced my three stars ratings.  

Even so, I would recommend 'Shifted Dimension' to people who believe in fate. It doesn't matter who we are or where we are, if we are meant to be with someone or be somewhere then nothing will ever stop us. We will get there one way or another. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snuggle Season (Burrowing Hearts, #1) Review

  Book Source: Book Store Cross-Post Review:  Chantie's Goodreads Review Type of Book: Standalone Series  Starred Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐/5 Spice Rating: 🌶🌶/5 Snuggle Season (Burrowing Hearts, #1) Review 'You're mine.' Who doesn't love this quote when in an omegaverse?  To kick off Rainbow Month, I picked up this short read. And it was the best fit for me who just came out of a reading slump. The chapters were short and easy to read, too. Weston and Adam were fox shifters, going into their burrowing season. For those who have no idea what that means. It's like a mating period for foxes where they spend a certain amount of time together without distractions from the outside world. In the end, it should help them bond.  Anyways, knowing nothing about the other, these men dove into the burrowing, hoping their partner would accept them. I almost had to visit the dentist after this one. Adam was one of the most caring and sweetest alpha foxes in the world of shifters. He was ...

The First and the Last Review

  Book Source: Kindle Store Cross-Post Review:  Chantie's Goodreads Review Spice Radar: 🌶🌶🌶/5 Type: Series Genre: MM Romance  Starred Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐/5 I was in desperate need of a quick read. This book came to my rescue along with Str8te Guys by Evangeline Anderson. Loved that erotica by the way. Also a MM Romance. I was more than happy I stumbled on these two books. Read them in one night. Yeah, one night. Who needs sleep when we have a book, right? The First and the Last Review  The first and the Last was a MM Romance by Jessi H Reign. A friends-to-lovers omegaverse. The paranormal romance began with the growth of Sully and Jules from their high school years until they became shifters. The two saw each other as best friends until a Storm flew through their pack. Okay, not an actual storm but a woman called Storm. A mind-blowing threesome and the males realized they liked the experience of each naked a little too much.  I hoped that wasn't a spoiler. But, I th...

Pretty Little Thief Review

Book Source: Store Cross-post Review:  Chantie's Goodreads Review Type: On-going Series Starred Rating: ⭐⭐/5 Smut Rating: 🌶/5 Pretty Little Thief Review What the heck did I just read? This is the book of the month for my book club. A lot of those who read it raved that it was awesome. I thought ‘why not go for it?’ Boy, had I wished I didn’t. The protagonist, Princess Robyn---because all royals except the Mother Queen’s name starts with an R---was thrust into chaos---something we could see coming from a mile away---when her father died, and her brother took the crown.  While reading this story, I was stuck between being bored and annoyed. First and foremost, I blame the King and Queen for what the female protagonist faced. They failed as parents. How the hell would you have a parent whom you knew was a manipulative witch and entrusted her with your child? What kind of monster does something like that? If I know my mom is a bitch, I’m not going to want to leave my kid with her...