Skip to main content

Induction (Serving Veronica, #2) Review



Book Source: BookSirens
Cross Post Review: Chantie's Goodreads Review
Type: Series
Smut Rating: 🌶/5
Starred Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐/5


Induction (Serving Veronica, #2) Review 

This story made me want to have my own harem. If not, then a house like Veronica’s where everyone could be free to be who they wanted without judgment. Like I would freaking love to clean the house naked. Thank you, Jens/Jen for being so awesome with your gender fluidness. There! I said it. Chandra Storm was a genius to develop such a warm environment that even I couldn’t help but adore. 

Okay, back to the review. Right. A full rundown of the story. Induction, book two of the Serving Veronica series, held in a Reverse Harem setting with BDSM was about two of Veronica’s submissives slash employees. Greg---awesome Grey---was the personal trainer while Mario was the chef. Everyone in this house had a role to play. It wasn’t all about sex, but people went through real struggle in their lives and dealing with past traumas. It didn’t seem fictional. Chandra made it seem as if someone was showing me their real-life story. Grey who had past trauma with being hospitalized freaked when Veronica tried a new kink on him. Distraught that every one of the other guys in the house was able to do it but him pushed him to ask Mario, his protector and friend, to help him overcome his fear. Once they started, one accident after the other happened. They were like kids and Veronica was the adult. It was kind of funny. In a weird way. 

Mario was adorable. I wished I had seen him get over his fear as Grey and Rachael had. The book was about him and Grey. I wanted to see some sort of development when it came to him. I felt like if he did, I would have loved the story. But sad to say, it wasn’t there. Hopefully, it will be in book three. I have read MM romance mangas with switched positions like this one but never in an actual book. Noticing it here with Mario was amazing. Guy could be anything he wanted. Seme or uke. Hats off to him. 

Anyway, despite the strong themes, the book wasn’t hard to digest. I thought Chandra used the measurement of point five in line spacing, so reading it was smooth. I didn’t have to strain to see or comprehend what I was reading. I didn’t read book one and going through this one was a breeze. I wasn’t confused at any given time. This is great for people like me who sometimes never read series in order. The only hiccup I had---it wasn’t a big deal---was not knowing where Sarah fit into the picture. Otherwise, the story was a blast. 

It was one of those stories that was such a comfortable read that it would make you want to curl up on your sofa with a hot cup of chocolate. I cannot gush anymore about this story. Go ahead, grab a copy and get reading. Does this book have smut? Yes. There was BDSM there as well. Was there romance? I could tell Mario and Grey actually had feelings for each other without them having to say it. Believe me, it was refreshing from all the fake-romance books out there. Yes, this was a fabulous arc read---meaning I got a free copy of this book. And yeah, this is my honest review, just in case you were wondering. Because why would I waste my time writing an essay of a review that is dishonest? Ha! I wouldn’t. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snuggle Season (Burrowing Hearts, #1) Review

  Book Source: Book Store Cross-Post Review:  Chantie's Goodreads Review Type of Book: Standalone Series  Starred Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐/5 Spice Rating: 🌶🌶/5 Snuggle Season (Burrowing Hearts, #1) Review 'You're mine.' Who doesn't love this quote when in an omegaverse?  To kick off Rainbow Month, I picked up this short read. And it was the best fit for me who just came out of a reading slump. The chapters were short and easy to read, too. Weston and Adam were fox shifters, going into their burrowing season. For those who have no idea what that means. It's like a mating period for foxes where they spend a certain amount of time together without distractions from the outside world. In the end, it should help them bond.  Anyways, knowing nothing about the other, these men dove into the burrowing, hoping their partner would accept them. I almost had to visit the dentist after this one. Adam was one of the most caring and sweetest alpha foxes in the world of shifters. He was ...

The First and the Last Review

  Book Source: Kindle Store Cross-Post Review:  Chantie's Goodreads Review Spice Radar: 🌶🌶🌶/5 Type: Series Genre: MM Romance  Starred Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐/5 I was in desperate need of a quick read. This book came to my rescue along with Str8te Guys by Evangeline Anderson. Loved that erotica by the way. Also a MM Romance. I was more than happy I stumbled on these two books. Read them in one night. Yeah, one night. Who needs sleep when we have a book, right? The First and the Last Review  The first and the Last was a MM Romance by Jessi H Reign. A friends-to-lovers omegaverse. The paranormal romance began with the growth of Sully and Jules from their high school years until they became shifters. The two saw each other as best friends until a Storm flew through their pack. Okay, not an actual storm but a woman called Storm. A mind-blowing threesome and the males realized they liked the experience of each naked a little too much.  I hoped that wasn't a spoiler. But, I th...

Pretty Little Thief Review

Book Source: Store Cross-post Review:  Chantie's Goodreads Review Type: On-going Series Starred Rating: ⭐⭐/5 Smut Rating: 🌶/5 Pretty Little Thief Review What the heck did I just read? This is the book of the month for my book club. A lot of those who read it raved that it was awesome. I thought ‘why not go for it?’ Boy, had I wished I didn’t. The protagonist, Princess Robyn---because all royals except the Mother Queen’s name starts with an R---was thrust into chaos---something we could see coming from a mile away---when her father died, and her brother took the crown.  While reading this story, I was stuck between being bored and annoyed. First and foremost, I blame the King and Queen for what the female protagonist faced. They failed as parents. How the hell would you have a parent whom you knew was a manipulative witch and entrusted her with your child? What kind of monster does something like that? If I know my mom is a bitch, I’m not going to want to leave my kid with her...