Skip to main content

Dirty Love Review

 


Book Source: Store
Cross-Post Review: Chantie's Goodreads Review
Type: Novel
Starred Rating: ⭐⭐⭐/5
Smut Rating: 🌶/5

Dirty Love by Bethany Winters Review


While reading this, I struggled between annoyed and contented. I was more annoyed than contented. At one point, I was screaming, ‘Jesus, just do the damn thing already. It’s either you’re going to indulge and stop giving me a headache or you’re not and let the boy live a little’. But thankfully, things worked out. After being stepbrothers for years---yes, they grew up together---they discovered growing feelings no sibling should have. To make matters worse, they lived in a town filled with people with sticks up their bums and an abusive father. Things could not get any better. But it did. And I kind of enjoyed it until I didn’t. 

The boys had to juggle their feelings for each other while maintaining neutrality, so the town folks or their father wouldn't suspect anything. A lot of hard work since it seemed Kade was popular. Poor Nicky was one horny teen to even try to be discreet. I felt sorrier for Kade than I should have. I didn't understand how he could handle a brother like Nicky but he did and loved it.

To be honest, I liked Jasper more than the two main characters. In some part, I thought they were trying too hard. The interaction felt forced. It wasn’t smooth or inviting. Even Jasper got annoying after a certain point. Either way, I pushed through, and everything was okay. It wasn’t anything to make me fall in love with the story or the characters nor was it bad to warrant a one star. It was good. I liked how close the brothers were to each other and how protective Kade was to Nicky. He knew his brother needed help and he strived to get him that. Never once did he stray from the goal. 

I was a bit shocked and irritated by Jasper’s ending, but somebody had to be the antagonist. I just wished the plot had gone in another direction. He would have made the perfect, annoying best friend. I almost envisioned him with the college guy (Almost a spoiler here). It would have been way better that way. But we reap what we sow, so even though I wasn’t satisfied, I understood the underlying message. 

So, go ahead. Grab a copy and read it for yourself. You might just disagree with me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snuggle Season (Burrowing Hearts, #1) Review

  Book Source: Book Store Cross-Post Review:  Chantie's Goodreads Review Type of Book: Standalone Series  Starred Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐/5 Spice Rating: 🌶🌶/5 Snuggle Season (Burrowing Hearts, #1) Review 'You're mine.' Who doesn't love this quote when in an omegaverse?  To kick off Rainbow Month, I picked up this short read. And it was the best fit for me who just came out of a reading slump. The chapters were short and easy to read, too. Weston and Adam were fox shifters, going into their burrowing season. For those who have no idea what that means. It's like a mating period for foxes where they spend a certain amount of time together without distractions from the outside world. In the end, it should help them bond.  Anyways, knowing nothing about the other, these men dove into the burrowing, hoping their partner would accept them. I almost had to visit the dentist after this one. Adam was one of the most caring and sweetest alpha foxes in the world of shifters. He was ...

The First and the Last Review

  Book Source: Kindle Store Cross-Post Review:  Chantie's Goodreads Review Spice Radar: 🌶🌶🌶/5 Type: Series Genre: MM Romance  Starred Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐/5 I was in desperate need of a quick read. This book came to my rescue along with Str8te Guys by Evangeline Anderson. Loved that erotica by the way. Also a MM Romance. I was more than happy I stumbled on these two books. Read them in one night. Yeah, one night. Who needs sleep when we have a book, right? The First and the Last Review  The first and the Last was a MM Romance by Jessi H Reign. A friends-to-lovers omegaverse. The paranormal romance began with the growth of Sully and Jules from their high school years until they became shifters. The two saw each other as best friends until a Storm flew through their pack. Okay, not an actual storm but a woman called Storm. A mind-blowing threesome and the males realized they liked the experience of each naked a little too much.  I hoped that wasn't a spoiler. But, I th...

Pretty Little Thief Review

Book Source: Store Cross-post Review:  Chantie's Goodreads Review Type: On-going Series Starred Rating: ⭐⭐/5 Smut Rating: 🌶/5 Pretty Little Thief Review What the heck did I just read? This is the book of the month for my book club. A lot of those who read it raved that it was awesome. I thought ‘why not go for it?’ Boy, had I wished I didn’t. The protagonist, Princess Robyn---because all royals except the Mother Queen’s name starts with an R---was thrust into chaos---something we could see coming from a mile away---when her father died, and her brother took the crown.  While reading this story, I was stuck between being bored and annoyed. First and foremost, I blame the King and Queen for what the female protagonist faced. They failed as parents. How the hell would you have a parent whom you knew was a manipulative witch and entrusted her with your child? What kind of monster does something like that? If I know my mom is a bitch, I’m not going to want to leave my kid with her...