Skip to main content

Fool Me Once (Court of Pain, #1) Review

 


Book Source: Author Ariana Nash (ARC Read)
Cross Post Review: Chantie's Goodreads Review
Type: Ongoing Series 
Starred Ratings: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐/5
Smut Rating: 🌶🌶/5


Fool Me Once (Court of Pain, #1) Review 

Okay, this one had me. Hands down, I am in love with Razak. And yes, it is an unhealthy decision since he was the type of guy parents warn their daughters or sons about. But I got to hand it to Ariana, she worked her magic on him. I presumed everyone else would hate but I couldn’t help but love his artistry. He brought the V out in Villain. The guy was brilliant. When is book two coming out because I need more of that guy? This psycho was too loud to ignore. Thanks, Ariana for giving me the privilege of reading this arc. I never would have gotten the chance to meet Razak otherwise.  

Okay, okay. I’m done gushing after the wrong guy. Back to my review. Fool Me Once was book one in the Court of Pain series. A MM romance centered around Prince Arin and the so-called jester Lark. I couldn’t lie, but I got wrapped up in the mystery and the lies as each character was. I got taken for a ride that was more than an adventure. This minute I was in a car and before I knew it, it wasn’t even in a vehicle. I hope you got the gist.  

I loved how Ariana made each character come alive in their own way. The lies were even believable to the reader---me---as well as the characters. There was no way to tell what was false from what was the truth, and that suspense and mystery kept me reading to the end. I loved it. I couldn’t help but love every character. I still suspect a few, though. Disliked what happened between Prince Arin and Draven. Gosh, I hated it. And Draven, I didn’t trust that guy one bit. His actions in the latter chapters were too suspicious to ignore. Or maybe the lies and mystery got me too paranoid because everything looked crooked. 

I adored the ending. It didn’t just drop me slat on my ass but satisfied me yet made me crave to want to know what happens next at the same time. And this is something some authors get wrong with cliffhangers. Either their characters are underdeveloped, or their plots pause halfway through, and they think it’s cliffhangers. No, those aren’t. Thus, making me not a big fan of ongoing series. But I love MM Romances and thought of trying this one out. Started reading and was hooked. I was hoping Ariana got it right and she did deliver. Characters developed and grew even though it’s a series. The plot never died but spread into something more, and some mysteries were solved, giving way to other mysteries in the bigger picture. I couldn’t have asked for a more satisfying read. I recommend this book to every reader who loves a little mystery and royal mischief. 

In case you missed it, I got an arc copy of this book from the author and yeah, this was my honest review. But, if you doubt me, then go ahead and read it for yourself. You won’t be disappointed. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snuggle Season (Burrowing Hearts, #1) Review

  Book Source: Book Store Cross-Post Review:  Chantie's Goodreads Review Type of Book: Standalone Series  Starred Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐/5 Spice Rating: 🌶🌶/5 Snuggle Season (Burrowing Hearts, #1) Review 'You're mine.' Who doesn't love this quote when in an omegaverse?  To kick off Rainbow Month, I picked up this short read. And it was the best fit for me who just came out of a reading slump. The chapters were short and easy to read, too. Weston and Adam were fox shifters, going into their burrowing season. For those who have no idea what that means. It's like a mating period for foxes where they spend a certain amount of time together without distractions from the outside world. In the end, it should help them bond.  Anyways, knowing nothing about the other, these men dove into the burrowing, hoping their partner would accept them. I almost had to visit the dentist after this one. Adam was one of the most caring and sweetest alpha foxes in the world of shifters. He was ...

The First and the Last Review

  Book Source: Kindle Store Cross-Post Review:  Chantie's Goodreads Review Spice Radar: 🌶🌶🌶/5 Type: Series Genre: MM Romance  Starred Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐/5 I was in desperate need of a quick read. This book came to my rescue along with Str8te Guys by Evangeline Anderson. Loved that erotica by the way. Also a MM Romance. I was more than happy I stumbled on these two books. Read them in one night. Yeah, one night. Who needs sleep when we have a book, right? The First and the Last Review  The first and the Last was a MM Romance by Jessi H Reign. A friends-to-lovers omegaverse. The paranormal romance began with the growth of Sully and Jules from their high school years until they became shifters. The two saw each other as best friends until a Storm flew through their pack. Okay, not an actual storm but a woman called Storm. A mind-blowing threesome and the males realized they liked the experience of each naked a little too much.  I hoped that wasn't a spoiler. But, I th...

Pretty Little Thief Review

Book Source: Store Cross-post Review:  Chantie's Goodreads Review Type: On-going Series Starred Rating: ⭐⭐/5 Smut Rating: 🌶/5 Pretty Little Thief Review What the heck did I just read? This is the book of the month for my book club. A lot of those who read it raved that it was awesome. I thought ‘why not go for it?’ Boy, had I wished I didn’t. The protagonist, Princess Robyn---because all royals except the Mother Queen’s name starts with an R---was thrust into chaos---something we could see coming from a mile away---when her father died, and her brother took the crown.  While reading this story, I was stuck between being bored and annoyed. First and foremost, I blame the King and Queen for what the female protagonist faced. They failed as parents. How the hell would you have a parent whom you knew was a manipulative witch and entrusted her with your child? What kind of monster does something like that? If I know my mom is a bitch, I’m not going to want to leave my kid with her...