Skip to main content

Gloam (Monstrous, #4) Review



Book Source: Store 
Cross-post Review: Chantie's Goodreads Review
Type: Standalone Series

Starred Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐/5

Spice Rating: 🌶/5

Gloam (Monstrous, #4)by Lily Mayne Review 


Was it wrong of me to be staring at a monster’s ass?  

When a book starts with this sentence, it is pretty clear the protagonist is a pervert. And from book three we were well aware of how perverted Rig was. The scared mechanic that would push through his fear of the darkness to help others despite gender and species. A rare specimen. I loved him. Even more than I did Danny. With Danny, it was curiosity and awe. Rig was relatable and adorable at the same time. I couldn’t help but fall in love with him along with Gloam. Enjoyed his perverted side. A lot.

Okay, so when a monster collector stopped by the camp Rig resided to capture Aury, the monster he and his best friend had helped, Rig noticed a few of the monsters she collected had been chained to her vehicle. He not only felt an attraction to the big monster with a cage on his head, but he also had the strongest urge to set him and his monster friends free. Thus, he started out on a lone-man mission to free the monsters from their wicked capturer.   

It wasn’t as easy as it sounded. The caring human had to jump through multiple windows to get what he wanted. Which made the victory all the sweeter. I cried with this one. Bawled my freaking eyes out with Rig. Sometimes blood means nothing but blood. Oh, how I know that more than anyone else. Never thought it would hit me like it did. But I would forever love the duo. They were everything I hoped they would be. The best in the series thus far.  

I kind of wanted the Seraph’s book before Moth but what the hell. We got what we got. I was here for the ride from the beginning. Might as well stick to it.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snuggle Season (Burrowing Hearts, #1) Review

  Book Source: Book Store Cross-Post Review:  Chantie's Goodreads Review Type of Book: Standalone Series  Starred Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐/5 Spice Rating: 🌶🌶/5 Snuggle Season (Burrowing Hearts, #1) Review 'You're mine.' Who doesn't love this quote when in an omegaverse?  To kick off Rainbow Month, I picked up this short read. And it was the best fit for me who just came out of a reading slump. The chapters were short and easy to read, too. Weston and Adam were fox shifters, going into their burrowing season. For those who have no idea what that means. It's like a mating period for foxes where they spend a certain amount of time together without distractions from the outside world. In the end, it should help them bond.  Anyways, knowing nothing about the other, these men dove into the burrowing, hoping their partner would accept them. I almost had to visit the dentist after this one. Adam was one of the most caring and sweetest alpha foxes in the world of shifters. He was ...

The First and the Last Review

  Book Source: Kindle Store Cross-Post Review:  Chantie's Goodreads Review Spice Radar: 🌶🌶🌶/5 Type: Series Genre: MM Romance  Starred Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐/5 I was in desperate need of a quick read. This book came to my rescue along with Str8te Guys by Evangeline Anderson. Loved that erotica by the way. Also a MM Romance. I was more than happy I stumbled on these two books. Read them in one night. Yeah, one night. Who needs sleep when we have a book, right? The First and the Last Review  The first and the Last was a MM Romance by Jessi H Reign. A friends-to-lovers omegaverse. The paranormal romance began with the growth of Sully and Jules from their high school years until they became shifters. The two saw each other as best friends until a Storm flew through their pack. Okay, not an actual storm but a woman called Storm. A mind-blowing threesome and the males realized they liked the experience of each naked a little too much.  I hoped that wasn't a spoiler. But, I th...

Pretty Little Thief Review

Book Source: Store Cross-post Review:  Chantie's Goodreads Review Type: On-going Series Starred Rating: ⭐⭐/5 Smut Rating: 🌶/5 Pretty Little Thief Review What the heck did I just read? This is the book of the month for my book club. A lot of those who read it raved that it was awesome. I thought ‘why not go for it?’ Boy, had I wished I didn’t. The protagonist, Princess Robyn---because all royals except the Mother Queen’s name starts with an R---was thrust into chaos---something we could see coming from a mile away---when her father died, and her brother took the crown.  While reading this story, I was stuck between being bored and annoyed. First and foremost, I blame the King and Queen for what the female protagonist faced. They failed as parents. How the hell would you have a parent whom you knew was a manipulative witch and entrusted her with your child? What kind of monster does something like that? If I know my mom is a bitch, I’m not going to want to leave my kid with her...