Skip to main content

Mindf*ck series, book 1 - 5 Review

 





Book Sourse: Kindle
Cross-Post Review: Chantie's Goodreads Review
Type: Ongoing Series 
Starred Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐/5
Smut Rating: 🌶/5


Mindf*ck Series, book 1 - 5 Review


This review will be for all the books in the Mindf*ck series. It took me a while to get into the first book despite how short it was, so I read another series and then came back to it. Once I got into the third book, I was addicted. I loved how different it was. In a normal story, it would be the male in Lana’s shoes, but my girl played her part like a pro and won my heart. I loved her and love ST Abby for shifting the roles. It was great. It kind of reminded me of the movie Mr. and Mrs. Smith and I adored that show.  

Lana---a so-called serial killer---was out getting coffee one morning and then was approached by a guy. Things didn’t turn out well with him, but his friend was a mysterious hotty. Lo and behold, he was also in the FBI. Like if that didn’t paint trouble, nothing else would. A serial killer and an FBI agent. Gosh, the potential drama. ST Abby gave it, and I loved it.  

Logan was one patient guy because he accepted the little Lana gave him and worked with it. Even fell in love with her. Like dude did not care about her past---well, he did care but he didn’t care at the same time. I give him props for that. I would have never done what he did. I overthink too much to relate to him, but Lana and Jake sold the story for me.  Jake was to die for. Gosh, I want someone as romantic as him. Like I still don’t understand why that context was used but I would want it...all.  

I was not too in love with the ending, but it wrapped up everything. The mystery of who the real town killer was shocked me to the freaking core. I was like ‘shit!’. Yes, it was amazing. My only problem was that I had to wait until the end of books two to three to get excited about the series. It helped that the books were short. I gobbled them up in a day.  

The Series in their order:

 






 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snuggle Season (Burrowing Hearts, #1) Review

  Book Source: Book Store Cross-Post Review:  Chantie's Goodreads Review Type of Book: Standalone Series  Starred Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐/5 Spice Rating: 🌶🌶/5 Snuggle Season (Burrowing Hearts, #1) Review 'You're mine.' Who doesn't love this quote when in an omegaverse?  To kick off Rainbow Month, I picked up this short read. And it was the best fit for me who just came out of a reading slump. The chapters were short and easy to read, too. Weston and Adam were fox shifters, going into their burrowing season. For those who have no idea what that means. It's like a mating period for foxes where they spend a certain amount of time together without distractions from the outside world. In the end, it should help them bond.  Anyways, knowing nothing about the other, these men dove into the burrowing, hoping their partner would accept them. I almost had to visit the dentist after this one. Adam was one of the most caring and sweetest alpha foxes in the world of shifters. He was ...

The First and the Last Review

  Book Source: Kindle Store Cross-Post Review:  Chantie's Goodreads Review Spice Radar: 🌶🌶🌶/5 Type: Series Genre: MM Romance  Starred Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐/5 I was in desperate need of a quick read. This book came to my rescue along with Str8te Guys by Evangeline Anderson. Loved that erotica by the way. Also a MM Romance. I was more than happy I stumbled on these two books. Read them in one night. Yeah, one night. Who needs sleep when we have a book, right? The First and the Last Review  The first and the Last was a MM Romance by Jessi H Reign. A friends-to-lovers omegaverse. The paranormal romance began with the growth of Sully and Jules from their high school years until they became shifters. The two saw each other as best friends until a Storm flew through their pack. Okay, not an actual storm but a woman called Storm. A mind-blowing threesome and the males realized they liked the experience of each naked a little too much.  I hoped that wasn't a spoiler. But, I th...

Pretty Little Thief Review

Book Source: Store Cross-post Review:  Chantie's Goodreads Review Type: On-going Series Starred Rating: ⭐⭐/5 Smut Rating: 🌶/5 Pretty Little Thief Review What the heck did I just read? This is the book of the month for my book club. A lot of those who read it raved that it was awesome. I thought ‘why not go for it?’ Boy, had I wished I didn’t. The protagonist, Princess Robyn---because all royals except the Mother Queen’s name starts with an R---was thrust into chaos---something we could see coming from a mile away---when her father died, and her brother took the crown.  While reading this story, I was stuck between being bored and annoyed. First and foremost, I blame the King and Queen for what the female protagonist faced. They failed as parents. How the hell would you have a parent whom you knew was a manipulative witch and entrusted her with your child? What kind of monster does something like that? If I know my mom is a bitch, I’m not going to want to leave my kid with her...