Skip to main content

Moth (Monstrous, #5) Review

 


Book Source: Store
Cross-Post Review: Chantie's Goodreads Review
Type: Standalone Series
Starred Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐/5
Smut Rating: 🌶/5

Moth (Monstrous, #5) by Lily Mayne Review 


I went into this book with zero expectations. I didn’t read the synopsis---which I stopped doing from book two. Couldn’t bother to---so I had no idea what it was going to be about. When I opened the book and Charlie's POV came into view, I was thanking the heavens. Mostly Lily. I had an idea how Charlie was from Edin and liked him. Moth was just this mysterious character who liked Ghost. I did not agree with Ghost and how he dealt with the entire situation surrounding Moth even though I know he avoids confrontations. But Jesus, if you are gonna hate a guy might as well shoot the shit and let him know why you’re giving him the middle finger. That’s what I would have done and that’s why I liked Hunter---when he wasn’t being a jerk at my baby Edin. He was the type of guy that would come out and let a person know what they did was shitty before he told him to f-off. Charlie showed me he was that type as well. I loved him even more for it.   

Anyways, when Charlie visited Cat’s camp to deliver the message he had given to Hunter, they met Moth and the other raiders. Though the half-monster didn’t seem like he was part of the raider camp, he offered to help to rescue Cat in Ghost’s stead. Such a sweetheart for doing such a thing, even when he thought he had feelings for the guy. Not many people would put their feelings aside to want or accept someone they love to be loved by someone else. That showed heart. I liked Moth for doing such a thing. Entrapped by the half-monster's beauty, Charlie volunteered to accompany the beastie.  

The two set out on their journey that not only allowed them to learn about each other, themselves, and their futures but what they could have achieved and what they were capable of. Remembering the second book, I wanted to get an insider view into what went on in the monsters' heads while they were in the moment, and Lily came through with this one. I loved that and enjoyed every second of what Moth was thinking and feeling. He was like a baby cub. Charlie---I love you---but you are a bad and good influence on him. I adored how gentle Charlie was towards the insecure monster. Hated what happened to the beastie but loved that he was moving past it and pushing forward. Self-healing can be a wonderful thing. Sometimes we just want one person to show us the things we are blind to.   

Charlie did just that with Moth. It was awesome, adorable, and loving at the same time. I couldn’t help but feel heartbroken for Samson, though. He should get the freedom he needed. Two books in and I was kind of annoyed he didn’t get it. What I was most annoyed about was Cat. What the actual shit, Cat! They traveled across the Earth to rescue you and you slammed the door in their faces. Not even an explanation. Seriously! I was so pissed that I told myself I wasn’t going to read his book. If it’s something dumb why he’s not going back, I might just lose it. Why is it so hard to stop at the camp and say ‘I’m okay and alive but I'm gonna have to head out because I have something important to do’? Screw him and that blue beastie---altho he looks hot. I’m picturing him as a hottie in my head. Gosh, I’m going to read the book because I’m a sucker for pretty book covers and his book cover looks cool.   

Okay, that paragraph was a spoiler and to stop myself from ranting, I’m ending the review. Yes. Maybe I’ll see you at the next one.   


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snuggle Season (Burrowing Hearts, #1) Review

  Book Source: Book Store Cross-Post Review:  Chantie's Goodreads Review Type of Book: Standalone Series  Starred Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐/5 Spice Rating: 🌶🌶/5 Snuggle Season (Burrowing Hearts, #1) Review 'You're mine.' Who doesn't love this quote when in an omegaverse?  To kick off Rainbow Month, I picked up this short read. And it was the best fit for me who just came out of a reading slump. The chapters were short and easy to read, too. Weston and Adam were fox shifters, going into their burrowing season. For those who have no idea what that means. It's like a mating period for foxes where they spend a certain amount of time together without distractions from the outside world. In the end, it should help them bond.  Anyways, knowing nothing about the other, these men dove into the burrowing, hoping their partner would accept them. I almost had to visit the dentist after this one. Adam was one of the most caring and sweetest alpha foxes in the world of shifters. He was ...

The First and the Last Review

  Book Source: Kindle Store Cross-Post Review:  Chantie's Goodreads Review Spice Radar: 🌶🌶🌶/5 Type: Series Genre: MM Romance  Starred Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐/5 I was in desperate need of a quick read. This book came to my rescue along with Str8te Guys by Evangeline Anderson. Loved that erotica by the way. Also a MM Romance. I was more than happy I stumbled on these two books. Read them in one night. Yeah, one night. Who needs sleep when we have a book, right? The First and the Last Review  The first and the Last was a MM Romance by Jessi H Reign. A friends-to-lovers omegaverse. The paranormal romance began with the growth of Sully and Jules from their high school years until they became shifters. The two saw each other as best friends until a Storm flew through their pack. Okay, not an actual storm but a woman called Storm. A mind-blowing threesome and the males realized they liked the experience of each naked a little too much.  I hoped that wasn't a spoiler. But, I th...

Pretty Little Thief Review

Book Source: Store Cross-post Review:  Chantie's Goodreads Review Type: On-going Series Starred Rating: ⭐⭐/5 Smut Rating: 🌶/5 Pretty Little Thief Review What the heck did I just read? This is the book of the month for my book club. A lot of those who read it raved that it was awesome. I thought ‘why not go for it?’ Boy, had I wished I didn’t. The protagonist, Princess Robyn---because all royals except the Mother Queen’s name starts with an R---was thrust into chaos---something we could see coming from a mile away---when her father died, and her brother took the crown.  While reading this story, I was stuck between being bored and annoyed. First and foremost, I blame the King and Queen for what the female protagonist faced. They failed as parents. How the hell would you have a parent whom you knew was a manipulative witch and entrusted her with your child? What kind of monster does something like that? If I know my mom is a bitch, I’m not going to want to leave my kid with her...