Skip to main content

Of Savage and Queens (Of Savage and Queens, #1) Review

 



Book Source: BookSirens (ARC Read)
Cross-Post Review: Chantie's Goodreads Review
Type: Standalone Series 
Release Date: March 31, 2023
Starred Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐/5
Smut Rating: 🌶🌶🌶/5

Of Savage and Queens (Of Savage and Queens, #1) Review 


Of Savages and Queens was the first installment of the series. Eliza was thrown into a new court at the request of her queen to seduce the lord of Winterhaven. To ensure the Lord keeps his allegiance to the Queen, Eliza would be able to ensure her family’s safety and lost wealth. The problem was Winterhaven was different from every other court. Where she was used to prep and proper, she was now exposed to erotic and sexual freedom. Despite the difference, Eliza had to achieve her mission to save her family and herself. 

The description stated the story didn’t have much of a plot. I beg to differ. Though there were a lot of erotic scenes, the story had a structured outline. There even was a HEA. I adored that which made the read all the more satisfying. I couldn’t help but want a book for Thomas and the princess. Something about them made me want to get to know how their story would go. Even though they were assholes. Still, they fit. 

I am not a big fan of shy female leads with morally grey male leads but something about Eliza fit with Lord Marlow. I wasn’t annoyed but loved their interactions. Even though most of the time they were in compromised situations. This is the point where I’m snickering. Lord Marlow was adorable on most occasions yet rough when needed to be. Because by God, I never expected a no-shirt-wearing Lord. And did Marie deliver with this hot stud. Okay, I'm calming down. Back to the review. Eliza developed---yes, even though the story was short, there was character development which made me happy----with the story. I loved that and it and would very much like to read book two. 

The short read had me satisfied. I never expected it would, but it did. At the end of the book, I didn’t have any questions. The author gave everything a reader---me---would want. I would recommend this to readers who are looking for a spicy yet well-rounded story. I am happy for the free ARC Read from BookSiren. It was well-worth reading. Yeah, this is my honest and voluntary review.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snuggle Season (Burrowing Hearts, #1) Review

  Book Source: Book Store Cross-Post Review:  Chantie's Goodreads Review Type of Book: Standalone Series  Starred Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐/5 Spice Rating: 🌶🌶/5 Snuggle Season (Burrowing Hearts, #1) Review 'You're mine.' Who doesn't love this quote when in an omegaverse?  To kick off Rainbow Month, I picked up this short read. And it was the best fit for me who just came out of a reading slump. The chapters were short and easy to read, too. Weston and Adam were fox shifters, going into their burrowing season. For those who have no idea what that means. It's like a mating period for foxes where they spend a certain amount of time together without distractions from the outside world. In the end, it should help them bond.  Anyways, knowing nothing about the other, these men dove into the burrowing, hoping their partner would accept them. I almost had to visit the dentist after this one. Adam was one of the most caring and sweetest alpha foxes in the world of shifters. He was ...

The First and the Last Review

  Book Source: Kindle Store Cross-Post Review:  Chantie's Goodreads Review Spice Radar: 🌶🌶🌶/5 Type: Series Genre: MM Romance  Starred Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐/5 I was in desperate need of a quick read. This book came to my rescue along with Str8te Guys by Evangeline Anderson. Loved that erotica by the way. Also a MM Romance. I was more than happy I stumbled on these two books. Read them in one night. Yeah, one night. Who needs sleep when we have a book, right? The First and the Last Review  The first and the Last was a MM Romance by Jessi H Reign. A friends-to-lovers omegaverse. The paranormal romance began with the growth of Sully and Jules from their high school years until they became shifters. The two saw each other as best friends until a Storm flew through their pack. Okay, not an actual storm but a woman called Storm. A mind-blowing threesome and the males realized they liked the experience of each naked a little too much.  I hoped that wasn't a spoiler. But, I th...

Pretty Little Thief Review

Book Source: Store Cross-post Review:  Chantie's Goodreads Review Type: On-going Series Starred Rating: ⭐⭐/5 Smut Rating: 🌶/5 Pretty Little Thief Review What the heck did I just read? This is the book of the month for my book club. A lot of those who read it raved that it was awesome. I thought ‘why not go for it?’ Boy, had I wished I didn’t. The protagonist, Princess Robyn---because all royals except the Mother Queen’s name starts with an R---was thrust into chaos---something we could see coming from a mile away---when her father died, and her brother took the crown.  While reading this story, I was stuck between being bored and annoyed. First and foremost, I blame the King and Queen for what the female protagonist faced. They failed as parents. How the hell would you have a parent whom you knew was a manipulative witch and entrusted her with your child? What kind of monster does something like that? If I know my mom is a bitch, I’m not going to want to leave my kid with her...