Skip to main content

Soul Eater (Monstrous, #1) Review

 



Book Source: Store
Cross-Post Review: Chantie's Goodreads Review
Type: Standalone Series
Starred Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐/5
Smut Rating: 🌶🌶/5

Soul Eater (Monstrous, #1) Review 

I came out of this book feeling so happy that I don’t even remember the things I disliked. Hmm. Or maybe everything I disliked was rectified and there was no point in not loving it. Yeah, It’s the latter. Okay, enough of this. Let’s start with what the book is about. 

Danny Sullivan, an uncommitted soldier, was sent on a mission to capture the notorious deadly monster Wyn, the Soul Eater. With way more casualties than needed, the mission was a success and Danny came face to face with the monster that massacred his platoon. Passing out wasn’t so bad, but he had to wake up to be told he would have to interrogate the same monster he feared. Life could not get any worst for this guy. But it did and I loved every second of it. 

I loved Wyn. Hands down or up. Whichever way it wants to go. This Soul Eater was amazing. He was mysterious, sweet, and then loving. I couldn’t help but adore him. Which caused me to be a bit disappointed when I thought he wasn’t the seme. A short-lived emotion when the author Lilly had the couple rotate. Why have a label when you can be both? God, I loved that. Lilly was a genius to come up with something like this. She sure thought of people like me when she was writing this book. 

I adored how the two characters were able to spend time together to get to know each other before any romance was introduced. Their affection traveled in the right stages. They were intrigued by each other, then like came into the picture, until love swept them off their feet. The perfect example of a romance with stable roots. Despite everything that happened around them, they got to learn about each other and their kind. I liked that more than anything else. I was more than satisfied when the book ended. 

The torture was real, bro. I felt it in my bones. This was some good shit. I can’t wait to see what Edin’s story is about. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snuggle Season (Burrowing Hearts, #1) Review

  Book Source: Book Store Cross-Post Review:  Chantie's Goodreads Review Type of Book: Standalone Series  Starred Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐/5 Spice Rating: 🌶🌶/5 Snuggle Season (Burrowing Hearts, #1) Review 'You're mine.' Who doesn't love this quote when in an omegaverse?  To kick off Rainbow Month, I picked up this short read. And it was the best fit for me who just came out of a reading slump. The chapters were short and easy to read, too. Weston and Adam were fox shifters, going into their burrowing season. For those who have no idea what that means. It's like a mating period for foxes where they spend a certain amount of time together without distractions from the outside world. In the end, it should help them bond.  Anyways, knowing nothing about the other, these men dove into the burrowing, hoping their partner would accept them. I almost had to visit the dentist after this one. Adam was one of the most caring and sweetest alpha foxes in the world of shifters. He was ...

The First and the Last Review

  Book Source: Kindle Store Cross-Post Review:  Chantie's Goodreads Review Spice Radar: 🌶🌶🌶/5 Type: Series Genre: MM Romance  Starred Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐/5 I was in desperate need of a quick read. This book came to my rescue along with Str8te Guys by Evangeline Anderson. Loved that erotica by the way. Also a MM Romance. I was more than happy I stumbled on these two books. Read them in one night. Yeah, one night. Who needs sleep when we have a book, right? The First and the Last Review  The first and the Last was a MM Romance by Jessi H Reign. A friends-to-lovers omegaverse. The paranormal romance began with the growth of Sully and Jules from their high school years until they became shifters. The two saw each other as best friends until a Storm flew through their pack. Okay, not an actual storm but a woman called Storm. A mind-blowing threesome and the males realized they liked the experience of each naked a little too much.  I hoped that wasn't a spoiler. But, I th...

Pretty Little Thief Review

Book Source: Store Cross-post Review:  Chantie's Goodreads Review Type: On-going Series Starred Rating: ⭐⭐/5 Smut Rating: 🌶/5 Pretty Little Thief Review What the heck did I just read? This is the book of the month for my book club. A lot of those who read it raved that it was awesome. I thought ‘why not go for it?’ Boy, had I wished I didn’t. The protagonist, Princess Robyn---because all royals except the Mother Queen’s name starts with an R---was thrust into chaos---something we could see coming from a mile away---when her father died, and her brother took the crown.  While reading this story, I was stuck between being bored and annoyed. First and foremost, I blame the King and Queen for what the female protagonist faced. They failed as parents. How the hell would you have a parent whom you knew was a manipulative witch and entrusted her with your child? What kind of monster does something like that? If I know my mom is a bitch, I’m not going to want to leave my kid with her...