Skip to main content

Four Psychos (The Dark Side, #1) Review

 


Book Source: Store
Cross-Post Review: Chantie's Goodreads Review
Type: Ongoing Series
Starred Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐/5
Spice Rating: 🌶/5


Four Psychos (The Dark Side, #1) Review

Four Psychos? Honestly, I never understood why the book is called this. Yes, there were four guys. Were they psychos? No. Or not my type of psychos. I went into the book, thinking dark and riveting. I never got that. Nor the spice. But...yep...I liked it, nonetheless. Kristy gave me something I never expected to gobble up like Four Psychos whether the men were stable or not. 

Lucifer? Now, that is the definition of psycho and what I was expecting from the four stars. I would totally date him. Not in real life, though. But he seems hot in my head. In an age-gap kind of romance. 

A sad side note - I never read the synopsis, so I went into this blind. I should really stop doing this. 

If anyone would ask me who was my favorite out of the four men, I wouldn't know. Their knight in ghostly armor ate up all my attention. (Side joke) I was a bit confused at the beginning of chapter one.  As the story progressed, so did my understanding of what was going on. And I loved Keyla---me trying to jog my memory if this is how her name was spelled. 

She had me cringing, laughing, and cursing the men on her behalf. Everything she did kept me moving forward. I stopped caring about the men---not like I gave a rat's ass about them from day one, but you get the drift---because she was the perfect protagonist. I'm not usually a fan of one point of view but being in this not-so-ghost's head made my day. If only all female leads could be this amazing then most books would be more readable. Like if the book was named after her, I would have understood and accepted it. 

There were times when her actions contradicted her thoughts. A bit weird. It wasn't anything major to distract me from the ride Kristy meant to take me on. I got irritated with the guys, which got me dropping off a star. It pissed me off even more that she couldn't just drop them. Like gosh! This is me being angry, remembering the story after waiting several days to write the review. 

Okay, maybe I should start from the start. After five years of watching four mystery men, this ghost got a chance to be recognized when men broke into their house to kill said men. My girl saved their asses and got the attention she needed---or not to a certain extent. They were more assholes than psychos and none of them deserved her. Even so, these five people had to solve the mystery of who they were while trying to stay alive in purgatory. So yes, the book had a great plot. The men were not so worth it. The female lead was badass. Some of the side characters held more interest to me. It ended on a cliffhanger. But go ahead and read it for yourself, you might just get it or them. 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snuggle Season (Burrowing Hearts, #1) Review

  Book Source: Book Store Cross-Post Review:  Chantie's Goodreads Review Type of Book: Standalone Series  Starred Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐/5 Spice Rating: 🌶🌶/5 Snuggle Season (Burrowing Hearts, #1) Review 'You're mine.' Who doesn't love this quote when in an omegaverse?  To kick off Rainbow Month, I picked up this short read. And it was the best fit for me who just came out of a reading slump. The chapters were short and easy to read, too. Weston and Adam were fox shifters, going into their burrowing season. For those who have no idea what that means. It's like a mating period for foxes where they spend a certain amount of time together without distractions from the outside world. In the end, it should help them bond.  Anyways, knowing nothing about the other, these men dove into the burrowing, hoping their partner would accept them. I almost had to visit the dentist after this one. Adam was one of the most caring and sweetest alpha foxes in the world of shifters. He was ...

The First and the Last Review

  Book Source: Kindle Store Cross-Post Review:  Chantie's Goodreads Review Spice Radar: 🌶🌶🌶/5 Type: Series Genre: MM Romance  Starred Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐/5 I was in desperate need of a quick read. This book came to my rescue along with Str8te Guys by Evangeline Anderson. Loved that erotica by the way. Also a MM Romance. I was more than happy I stumbled on these two books. Read them in one night. Yeah, one night. Who needs sleep when we have a book, right? The First and the Last Review  The first and the Last was a MM Romance by Jessi H Reign. A friends-to-lovers omegaverse. The paranormal romance began with the growth of Sully and Jules from their high school years until they became shifters. The two saw each other as best friends until a Storm flew through their pack. Okay, not an actual storm but a woman called Storm. A mind-blowing threesome and the males realized they liked the experience of each naked a little too much.  I hoped that wasn't a spoiler. But, I th...

Pretty Little Thief Review

Book Source: Store Cross-post Review:  Chantie's Goodreads Review Type: On-going Series Starred Rating: ⭐⭐/5 Smut Rating: 🌶/5 Pretty Little Thief Review What the heck did I just read? This is the book of the month for my book club. A lot of those who read it raved that it was awesome. I thought ‘why not go for it?’ Boy, had I wished I didn’t. The protagonist, Princess Robyn---because all royals except the Mother Queen’s name starts with an R---was thrust into chaos---something we could see coming from a mile away---when her father died, and her brother took the crown.  While reading this story, I was stuck between being bored and annoyed. First and foremost, I blame the King and Queen for what the female protagonist faced. They failed as parents. How the hell would you have a parent whom you knew was a manipulative witch and entrusted her with your child? What kind of monster does something like that? If I know my mom is a bitch, I’m not going to want to leave my kid with her...